We're hiring!Find more information below if you are interested in working with us.
Job Title: College Admissions Coach
Part-time and full-time positions available
Our company is growing fast and we’re creating a massive impact on the families that we serve. We are hiring a remote college admissions coach to work with our students to meet demand. We offer premier college admissions counseling for 9th to 12th grade students. Our services go beyond essay help as they encompass various aspects of college planning and preparation for junior and sophomore students.
As a college admissions coach, you will report directly to the CEO and work with her closely on the roster of students that you serve. You will be assigned students, and your work and responsibilities are tied to their experiences working with you.
For Senior Year Students: End to end student experience for senior students related to college applications, including:
- College Essays & College Application Review:
- Meeting with students 1:1 approximately once a week
- Reviewing students’ essays once a week
- Reviewing student’s college applications (called the Common App and UC App) prior to their submissions
- College Lists & interviews:
- Creating students’ college lists based on interests and majors and helping students interview for college interviews
- Project Management:
- Helping students manage deadlines for college applications
- Motivating and holding students accountable to deadlines (we are project managers for the students), and pushing them to put their best foot forward in the application process
For 10th-11th grade Students: End to end student experience counseling and mentoring
- Meeting with students 1:1 approximately every 3-4 weeks
- Helping students strategically navigate selecting their anticipated college majors
- Helping students strategically navigate extracurricular and research opportunities to authentically position themselves in a way that helps them gain an admissions edge
- Motivating and holding students accountable to action items that allow them to go outside their comfort zones and tackle new community service opportunities, leadership roles, and research opportunities.
End to end student and parent communication
- Any emails and communication from our clients (both students and parents) must be responded to in a timely manner
Hours and availability
- Ability to work at least 10-15 hours/week
- The college admissions process is very seasonable. You will see an uptick in the number of hours starting June to December. This timeline goes through Thanksgiving and Winter Holidays.
- It is important to be available over email for students and parents during key deadline weeks in the event of last-minute questions.
- Ability to commit for at least one year
- Our college counseling services are delivered year-round to seniors, juniors, and sophomores, whose engagement with us typically lasts from 1 to 3 years. To ensure consistency and quality in our services, we look for coaches who are ready to commit to a longer engagement as well.
- How many students will I be handling?
- Part-time coaches: Minimum 5
- Full-time coaches: 8-12
- Minimum Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree from a competitive US university
- Ability to wear many hats – As a college admissions coach, you are a coach for students, a point of contact with parents, and a project manager. It is your responsibility to help students stay on top of their deadlines.
- Previous coaching or tutoring experience and readiness to learn, unlearn and grow as a member of our team
Non-negotiable core values & soft skills:
- Mission-driven – You want to make the world a better place, and you believe that education puts us one step closer to that goal.
- Genuine care towards supporting people
- Ability to have FUN
- Inclination to go above and beyond – There is no “good enough” for you. Honestly, you’re a bit of a perfectionist and you always aim for excellence.
- Reliability – Students and families are counting on you! You have to be there for them!
- Connecting with people easily – You’re the kind of person who asks the waiter “How are you?” and you genuinely care about how they are doing.
- Curious about people and their stories – You want to know, what makes this person tick? What motivates them? Why are they how they are?
- Models excellence – Our students are aiming to get accepted into top US universities with a less than 10% acceptance rate. By nature, these students must be excellent. Therefore, our coaches must model excellence in everything we do, from customer service to editing essays.
Our Company: Winning Ivy Prep
Our mission: help students grow into better versions of themselves while empowering them to realize their college dreams.
What makes us different from other college counseling firms?
Winning Ivy Prep initially grew through word of mouth simply because families love how we coach. Sure, we have a wealth of knowledge about the admissions process. Of course, we have a proven track record of getting students into their top tier schools.
But what truly makes us different is this: We are more than “college admissions counseling.” We are mentors. We genuinely care. We over-deliver. We strive to do everything we can to help students realize their college dreams. When students get into their schools, we feel that joy alongside them because we are connected and care so much about their success.
Most importantly, the biggest compliment we get is beyond an Ivy League acceptance. It’s when students say to us, “I’ve learned so much more about myself throughout the admissions process because of you.”
We believe that it’s not just about “getting into college.” College is merely four years of a person’s life; we strive to teach life skills to our students throughout the admissions journey that will undoubtedly help them to be successful in college and life beyond.
Get college admissions counseling, college application coaching, and free essay tips from Ivy League graduates.